Mammoth Underfloor Insulation
Underfloor insulation warms your home by reducing draughts and heat loss.
The Benefits of Underfloor Insulation
Heat loss through an uninsulated floor is estimated at 12-14%* and, if you have sufficient crawl space under your floor, adding insulation is relatively easy and cost effective way to create a warmer, healthier home. Both EECA and several local councils offer funding support to assist homeowners with retrofitting underfloor and ceiling insulation into existing homes - T&Cs apply.
Mammoth underfloor insulation products are easy to handle and install. Made from 100% polyester fibres, Mammoth insulation does not deteriorate with moisture resistant and unlike polystyrene insulation won't affect electrical wiring.
Underfloor Insulation Types
Mammoth has three types of underfloor insulation available in a range of widths to suit your home:
- Self-supporting Underfloor Sections - medium density insulation sections that need no staples or straps. Perfect for easy DIY installation.
- Underfloor blanket - cost-effective option for use by experienced insulation installers.
- NOVAfloor - high density, high-performance insulation sections.
To see what underfloor insulation is best for your home Request a Free Insulation Assessment online or call us today on 0800 MAMMOTH / 0800 626 668.
Underfloor Insulation Sections - Perfect for DIY
Made in New Zealand Mammoth Underfloor Sections have a springy texture to friction fit into underfloor spaces easily and snugly. The quality of installation plays a major role in the effectiveness of insulation in your home. If you leave gaps, bunch up the insulation, stretch or compress it, you compromise the thermal performance (R-value).
With Mammoth Underfloor Sections and NOVAfloor you can achieve a smooth, seamless install with confidence and safety - all while doing a professional job without gaps, tucks or creases. You simply cut Mammoth Underfloor Sections slightly larger than the joist space and squeeze it into position. Quick and easy!
Mammoth airlay underfloor sections are a unique self-supporting form of polyester insulation that needs no staples or straps. Made in NZ.
Mammoth Multi is an insulation product that was designed to make installation easy for busy builders and the do-it-yourselfer and, while perfect for underfloor, it is also suitable for walls and ceilings.
Mammoth also has a polyester staple-in blanket for underfloor. This product is only recommended for experienced insulation installers.
* BRANZ House Insulation Guide
Our Underfloor Insulation Installers
If the conditions of installing your underfloor insulation are not for you - consider contacting one of our insulation installers. Our extensive network covers Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki, Hawkes Bay, Gisborne, Wellington, Nelson, Marlborough, Christchurch, Otago and Southland.
Below is a list of our installer partners who can advise and install Mammoth polyester insulation.
- Smart Energy Solutions: Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Whakatane, Taupo, Gisborne, Napier, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin & Cromwell.
- Earth Insulation: Auckland and Wellington
- WISE (Better Homes): Rotorua
- Absolute Energy: Nelson, Marlborough and West Coast
- Awarua Synergy: Invercargill
DIY Insulation Underfloor
Click the video below to see how simple it is to install Mammoth Multi
A Sustainable Choice
- All Mammoth™ products are Red List Free - International Living Future Institute.
- Manufactured within a carboNZero certified organisation.
- Mammoth™ products contain recycled polyester fibres. The recycled fibre used by Mammoth™ comes from recycled plastic bottles.
- Recycling plastic protects the environment by keeping the carbon content locked up in the polyester fibre and reducing landfill waste.
- Mammoth™ products are made in a near zero waste production process and all products are fully recyclable.
10 Reasons why Mammoth Sections are best for underfloor insulation
1. Quick under-floor installation
2. Staple free, strap-free installation
3. Friction fits to minimise gaps, tucks or creases
4. Doesn't require cutting - hand tear to required length.
5. No need to wrap cables
6. Available in a range of widths
7. Soft, non-itchy texture
8. No need for goggles, gloves & overalls, other than protection against dirt and spiders.
9. No glues or chemicals
10. Off-cuts make great cat (or dog) beds